Sunday, May 20, 2012

Here I Go... Trying to get organized.

I have been kinda just "doing it".

I haven't had a plan, and I have been just grabbing opportunities as they come. I am at a point where I need to change that. so i started trying to get organized.

The first step is going to inventory all of my available art. I need to know what i have in stock, and where it is so that I can effectively market what I have. That doesn't sound too difficult... until you start to see what kind of inventory I have.

At this point, I have over 200 paintings in my house. ranging from 4 x 4 x 1 inch to 48 x 72 x 2 inches. Bottom line, there is a lot of art, and a lot of it is stacked up neatly in corners, and i have to dig it all out, list, and measure it. I will then start to create an inventory. Good luck to me. It has taken over 10 days to list and measure 68 pieces.

On top of that, I think I have about 100 additional pieces out on display at various locations. the project just gets bigger and bigger. I am trying to attack it small chunks at a time.

Anyway, I guess what I really need is an intern.... or assistant. Of course.... that is not in the immediate future. So, I will have to do it all myself.

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment